Local MP Charlotte Akins has performed Below Average for MP's according to a website which tracks the progress and performance of the people that we elect.
Miss Akins was elected with a small majority, which surly should mean that she works harder to represent local residents, however this isnt the case. We have uncovered the following information about Charlotte Akins performance over the last year;
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Is a member of 1 select committee
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — below average amongst MPs.
She is also a Government whip and never voted against the Government. Remember she is meant to represent YOUR views. This is how she has voted since 2001;
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament.
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing a smoking ban.
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards.
- Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals.
- Voted strongly for introducing student top-up fees.
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws.
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war.
- Voted very strongly against investigating the Iraq war.
- Has never voted on replacing Trident.
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban.
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights.
We have not found 1 local
issue which Charlotte Atkins has raised and pursued, yet we believe she gets many letters from local residents. We have put this issue and the artice to Charlotte Akins via email and await reply.