Can't Register as IP Blocked due to Spam

If you are thinking about / or have created your forum account, then this is a forum which you should read to find out what our user registration processes are. Plus also ask questions if you are unsure or stuck.

Moderator: SteveL

Can't Register as IP Blocked due to Spam

Postby Editor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:48 am

Hi,

Should you receive a message saying you can't access the forum / create an account due to the "IP address being blocked", then sadly there is not much we can do about this. We employ a service that is used to try and protect the forum from spam posts, which on the whole is quite successful.

However at times it does appear that certain domestic IP addresses can get blocked, this from experience tends to be some Sky Broadband IP addresses. We have looked into this issue, however we can't override the system. The best advice that we can give you is to try the site another day, as most IP addresses are dynamic so they will change on a daily basis. This we have found in the past is one solution to the problem.

We hope this is of some use to answering an issue that we get asked about.
Bob
Editor
Editor

Re: Can't Register as IP Blocked due to Spam

Postby Editor » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:26 pm

It appears that this new filter is also taking out some IP addresses that belong to Sky and Plusnet. If you know the IP address that is being blocked, if you email it to me and I will see if I can get it removed from the list. Please be patient though as this isn't under our direct control.
Bob
Editor
Editor

Return to Forum Help When Creating A New User Account and Common Problems